Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nostalgic for the '90s: JuJu Jellies

I'm my 5 year-old self again wearing black jellies with frilly white socks and high waisted shorts.  The dream of the '90s stayed alive in Portland, and I'm bringing it back to Miami.  With the onslaught of storms, our college campus is flooded, and my jellies are the perfect shoe choice for this weather.

I've even made an elaborate list to tell you why JeLLiEsRuLe4RaiN:
  1. They have a buckled strap meaning they aren't flip-flops meaning my feet won't be sliding out of my wet shoes as I speed between classes and sprint from building to building
  2. They aren't completely closed, so after stepping in a puddle, my feet will quickly dry
  3. SOCKS ARE OPTIONAL! Do you understand the magnitude of this perk?  It means NO SOGGY SOCKS!  I wasn't kidding when I said the streets are flooded here.  Stepping in puddles that are ankle high is unavoidable.  Stepping in them with boots or sneakers means damp socks for the rest of the day, and that is not a feeling I enjoy
  4. They're unique.  I don't see many people wearing them.  Wearing this boot too often gets boring.
Maria Pizzeria wearing a Joanna Pybus jacket
I love that you can see the white nail polish through the shoes!
"Candy Crush" by Arvida Byström for ROOKIE Mag
"Candy Crush" by Arvida Byström for ROOKIE Mag
Arvida Byström and Maria Pizzeria matching their hair with their jellies for the ROOKIE Mag shoot
"Super Freaky Girls" by Helen Glory
Whinnie Williams performance
SS14 JuJu Jellies
"FAM n LFW" by Maria Pizzeria
@heyzealc on Instagram
"April In Focus" by Helen Glory


Ways to wear them: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Courtesy of Coraline

1 comment: